Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I feel like we're getting divorced. :'0(

Well, my last days as a Mississippi resident have passed. We are leaving tomorrow headed back to Arkansas. However, my husband is going to be coming back to Mississippi to work until Christmas, God willing. Unless something miraculous happens Thanksgiving weekend, he'll be returning on Sunday.

When we bought our camper (2 years ago), we tried to furnish it as much as possible with dishes, cookware, bedding, and all the other necessities for living. Over the past few years, we have removed and added to the camper. Since we will be trying to run two households until Christmas, I have been trying to practically 'move' Andee and myself from the camper to the trucks until we get home. It has been really hard for me to decide if I want the toaster or the veggie steamer. The brown (higher-count thread) sheets or the cheaper ones. The nonstick skillet or the iron skillet. And on and on. I feel like we are splitting up...well, we are...but it is just odd that we aren't going to be in the same place. We haven't been apart since Andee was 1 week old...that period of time was also 3 weeks. I know we can weather this with God's help, but I'm asking all my blog friends to say a little prayer for both Ricky and my comfort and strength to get through our time apart.

On a lighter note, we are really excited to be going home for Thanksgiving and our nephew's 1st birthday party. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment