Well, I haven't visited in a while. I imagine most of you can only guess how wild and crazy this post will be. You have guessed correctly. Prepare yourselves. :0)
*************************************************************
We set out on our long journey home last Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving) and about 2 hours in to the trip, Ricky's truck fell apart. Literally, the drive shaft fell right out from under the durn truck going down the interstate. Luckily, we had decided to travel with both trucks, so Andee and I took off to a part store to get the stuff to fix the truck. All the while, poor Ricky was trying to nap in the truck on the side of the interstate. Two hours after I left him at the side of the road, we found out the part we needed was 92 miles south of where we were. Yup...actually, it was only 20 miles from where our trip had begun. Joy, joy...Andee and I then drove back to our starting point, waited patiently in a Ford dealership. Lots of interesting situations there....and I don't have time (nor room) to explain it. Finally, six hours after we initially broke down, we got back to where Ricky was. :0) It only took us about 40 minutes to get the truck put back together and we were on our way! Yay! Our 9.5 hour trip ended up being a 19 hour trip. We got home around 5am on Thanksgiving morning. Everyone was gracious enough to take over the items we had planned to bring for the meal and Thanksgiving couldn't have been better.
********************************************************************
Sunday morning came the time for Ricky to head back to Mississippi to work. :0( Andee and I am staying home now. I began working at the hospital again on Monday. Ick...not used to working, but I'm dealing. We are now hunting a job for Ricky so he can come home to be with us. Please pray for us and ask that we can get him home soon! I hope to post some new pictures soon. Maybe when I finally fall in to a routine I'll start snapping more pictures. Hope to hear from all of you soon! :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment