Thursday, August 27, 2009

The NEVERENDING Day...Arrg!

Ugh! Do you ever have those days when absolutely nothing goes right? Well, yeah, sure...we all do, right? Well...Wednesday was my day!

I woke up at 3am, as usual, to get Ricky's breakfast and lunch ready for the day. Headed back to bed soon after he left to snuggle with my little rotten one. We stayed in bed until around 7...yeah...I know, the wonderful life of a stay at home mommy (by the way...I paid my dues waking up all night, every night when she was itty bitty). We played around here at home until I decided we just needed an outing. (Why does God not strike you with a bolt of lightning on the days you shouldn't go out? I think I'll ask Him when I get there. ;0D ) Anyway, so we got dressed all nice and matching thinking that maybe, just maybe we might be able to catch some cute pictures at the park. Ha! While going through town, I stopped at Wal-Mart (which in my book is a great representation of...well, nevermind) just to find that they didn't have the tripod I needed for my camera. And...the port-o-potty at the park doesn't quite appeal to me as a spot to prop my camera on to take pictures. So...on with my afternoon...we're driving on through town and my eagle eye toddler in the back spots the arches. Big, fat, yellow, greasy arches. So...we stop. Yay! Drive through it is. I order...drive to the first window...you know, the one that has a huge sign up that says "PAY HERE" and "Thank you for having your payment ready." Heh...not so much. Not a soul was standing at the window. I waited, and waited...and when the person in front of me pulled away from window #2...I thought it was best of me to skip window #1 and advance on. I was correct...evidently the person at window #1 had to have a potty break (and probably didn't wash their hands afterward) or some mumbo jumbo malarkey. Anyway, the gentleman takes my debit card nicely...and walks away from his little station thinga-ma-bobber. Ummmm....hey...where you going with my card? So...he finally reappears...my card in hand...and consequently his cellular telephone in the other hand...sliding it closed. A nice, shiny slider phone...you know the cool ones. Hmmm...did he just take a picture of my debit card? Call someone and give them the number from my card? Etc? Etc? (NOTICE: I am not overly judgemental, just try to call the shots the way I see them!) So, I drive off thinking that maybe I should have some confidence that there is still persons on earth that aren't bad people. Well...it starts eating at me...Did he take a picture of it? What if he gets all our money? (Let me throw in a little bit of info in here: Ricky and I have so much money that I'm sure this guy could go buy a new Rolls Royce with it, I'd just rather him not, you know.) So, I called the place and talked to the manager...she claims he doesn't have a camera phone. Hehehehe...she must think I'm stoopid, right? Ya know...folks...I'm frum Arkansaw an' awl, but I ain't nar as dum as thay thank I am. A fancy new slider phone with no camera! Wait...they make new phones without cameras these days? LOL...no...they don't...not if they are as technologically advanced as that one. So...I immediately call my bank...cancel the card. If, in fact, the dude got my card information and stuff...its useless now...automatic processing of the cancellation while I was still on the phone! Heck yeah! Anyway...so on to the park...with my crummy sweet tea and Andee's crunchy chicken nuggets. A few miles down, we pull up at the park. :0) Yay! Fun! Well...I bet there were 20 cars there. And, you know, I'm probably the only person that brings one child per car. It was like their own little school out there. Guess what! Yeah...you guessed it...we didn't go. So, I tell my little sweetie that we can't go there, promising her that we'll swing back at home. :'0( Then, my heart breaks on the way home when Andee spots the big, fat, greasy arches again and asks for ice cream. Why me? Why? I didn't have a cent of cash to my name...nothing but a debit card. Hey! I've got a debit card! Whoo hoo...ice cream here we come! Wait, wait...I cancelled it a while ago because I thought it might be compromised. :'0( So...I have to tell her no...now with the promise that we'll get ice cream at home (and...yes, we had some in the freezer). So...our outing was just a full trip of nothing but sadness, aggravation, and disappointment. But..what fun we had when we got home. An ice cream cone...yay. But Andee wasn't up for swinging after ice cream, so we just chilled until Daddy got home from work. The day actually ended up being pretty nice. Or, so I thought! It was the neverending day. Andee dozed off on the couch at about 7pm...I layed her in her big girl bed for a cat nap. She awoke around 8:10pm. No biggie...little nap...we're still alright. Ha! Ricky headed to bed around 9:15pm. When he got up to go to work...at 3am. Andee was still going strong, smiles and all! What's up with that? I tried rocking, singing, reading, television, movies...all that I could think of. We finally went to bed around 3:30 this morning, just to wake up at 7:30am. How she does this and keeps going I'll never know. I sure am beat. I tried my best to keep her going today...groceries...laundry...playing outside. But...we're here again...Ricky's in bed...we're watching Tinkerbell...for the fiftieth time. I think we're nearing sleep, but just thought I'd take a few minutes to tell all you folks about my lovely experience out and about yesterday. It's all laughable now (so you don't need to feel guilty about giggling all through this, okay?) and we're over it. Just remember...when you are getting ready to go out for the afternoon and have the slightest feeling that you aren't having the greatest day...do yourself some good and stay home! :0)

1 comment: