I've always dreamed of days like August 3rd. Just an ordinary day, supper on the stove for my honey, and then the phone call. No...it isn't a good dream I'm talking about. As some of you may recall, my honey bought a motorcycle back in April. He's awfully proud of it. As long as I've known him, he's been a super safe driver/rider, he always wears his helmet. Just a safe feller on the bike. On August 3rd, he got up early and went on with his normal daily routine. He rode his motorcycle, worked, and was on his way home. He needed gas, so he was in the lane that was supposed to exit. As he sat waiting for traffic, he nonchalantly glanced in his mirrors just in time to see a car barreling his way with no signs of slowing. Instinctively, he gassed his bike to get out of the way of the car, he then laid the bike on its side, tearing his knee pretty badly and scratching the bike a little. The gentleman in the car hit the guard rail, slid past Ricky, then hit the car directly in front of Ricky. When everyone had come to a stop, the gentleman confessed he had been looking down at his phone when he realized what was happening. :0( Ricky's boss passed by just in time to see Ricky on the ground. All of a sudden, back at the camper where supper was almost done, I began to wonder where Ricky was. The time was nearing that he should be home and I just wondered if he was close. If maybe, I could go ahead and pour the tea. My normal evening routine. All of a sudden, my thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar ring tone...a generic ring tone...not like the ones I had assigned for family, close friends, and most of all Ricky. The name said "Bo". Oh my! No! Please, no! I answered, hoping it was Bo telling me Ricky's phone had gone dead and he would be home soon. Nope. Bo's caring voice said "Kassy. Listen..." My heart sank. I'm not sure what he said. I heard...Ricky...motorcycle...wreck. Finally, after reminding my self that my heart was still beating and I had Andee to live for, I head Bo say "He's fine. Just a scraped up knee." So, yeah...I've dreamed of this day forever...just knowing someone would call me to tell me that I was a widow...that we'd be another statistic...that Ricky would be one who was spoke of badly because he was on a bike when he was taken from me. No one would realize he was a safer driver/rider...that he was cautious...that he watched out for himself...that he had been hurt by an idiot in a car...that it wasn't his fault. But I'd never been able to finish the dream. The dream that I knew would end in tragedy. But not today...August 3rd, when Ricky finally hobbled to me standing outside the camper waiting on him...we just hugged...and cried...and hugged...and thanked God that His protective hand was on Ricky that day. Thankful that something told Ricky to look in his mirrors. Thankful that he was still here for us. So, yeah...we argue...we're married...we nag...we tickle...we kid...we laugh...we love...and we're gonna keep on doing those things. And we're gonna keep praising God for His awesome blessings on us. Yeah...Ricky's a turd sometimes, but I don't want to lose him. So...if your eyes aren't dry...first of all, let me apologize for making you cry...second of all, find the person you love most, your best friend, your love...hug their necks...hug their necks tight as you can...and tell them how much you love them. On August 3rd, Ricky woke up and started his daily routine...he got dressed, hugged and kissed us goodbye, and went to work. That could've been his last time...but thank God, if it had've been...Ricky is a saved man of God...and we'd made sure to hug and kiss him and tell him we loved him. Don't forget to do that to yours!
I love you babe!
I told you a long time ago...
and I'll keep telling you...
always and forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment