Starting third grade for me meant starting at a new school and trying to make new friends. It didn't take long for my brother, James, to meet people and make friends, he's a comical guy and people liked him. He became friends with a kid also named James. After a few days at school, James told me that his friend James had a little sister in my class, Teresa was her name. The next day at school, I approached Teresa and started talking (imagine that). We haven't missed a beat yet. Best friends from third grade, we have remained close through thick and thin. After graduation, we kinda grew apart but only because of distance and college. She was in my wedding in 2003, then she called me in 2008 to do the same for her and I was honored. We haven't seen each other very often in the last few years, but we try to talk frequently. In April, her family suffered the tragic loss of her brother-in-law (her sister's husband). I was asked to sing at the funeral service and was happy to comfort the family in any way possible. After those few days of seeing the family, Teresa and I started talking more frequently than usual. We decided a lunch date would be fun. Both of us and our little ones visiting, uninterrupted. We made arrangements to meet and ended up sitting at a table at TGIFriday's for almost 2 hours. It was awesome! So awesome, I called her a few weeks later and scheduled another meeting! We have decided to continue with a monthly lunch date just to be able to see each other and visit...and let our little ones visit. I think Andee likes Carson! ;0)
****************
Carson-sweet baby boy eating green beans!

**********************
Andee lovin' her some Carson! :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment