Friday, August 7, 2009

What did I ever do?

So, I've done my blog reading for today and I'm thinking...what on earth would anyone care to read about? I haven't done anything interesting today. Seriously, laundry...dishes...truck repair shop? Nothing exciting...at all. Then, when I think about giving up on writing a post...my kid amazes me with another sweet little thing she does. I'll tell you about that in just a minute. You know me...I've got to give you some insight to the whole situation. There's reasoning as to why we are sitting up watching cartoons at 1:22am. Andee had a late nap yesterday (Thursday), which in turn, led to a late bedtime...yeah...1:39am. Ugh. After I helped Ricky get everything ready and get him sent off to work, I headed back to snuggle with my little turkey. We slept until 9:00, which in turn led to a late nap, and so on and so forth.

Ricky and Andee both napped for about 3 hours late this afternoon...so we're sitting here...Ricky is giving up...heading to bed. He stands...stretches...asks if we're coming to bed soon. Without any surprise to both of us, I tell him it depends on the small child that controls every aspect of our life. :0) He slowly begins to walk to the bedroom when his attention is gotten by Andee. "Daddy...give Momma sugar!" He turns, grins at her, and realizes...this is serious business. "NOW! Give Momma sugar!" He walks back to give me a kiss. As soon as he finishes, Andee says "Right here Daddy!" pointing to her lips. He kisses her, hugs her...and then receives her next order...as if he's a private obeying his commanding officer..."Hug Momma, Daddy!" Hehehehehe...I just can't help but laugh. Finally, my nightly routine has been set in my child like a stone placed along a walkway. From the time she has been able to walk, I've gotten her to give everyone hugs and kisses before she comes to me to be rocked to sleep. I find it funny that she notices when Daddy hasn't given his girls their night night lovin'. Anyway, so without any excitement throughout my day...it has ended on a sweet, loving, laughable moment, which is pretty common around our house. I just often wonder...what did I ever do that God saw me fit to have such a wonderful little girl? I thank Him every day that He has given me the best instinct and knowledge a mother can have, so that I can mold Andee into a wonderful, loving, caring individual. I just thought her little ways are always the sweetest. She does the funniest things, and all the while we're laughing when I just want to burst into tears thinking how wonderful it is to have such a fabulous blessing in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment