Monday, August 31, 2009

Ooops! :0( Who needs that light anyway?

So we've discussed getting out of the house on a bad day, right? Well...I should re-read that post, I guess. Sunday, Ricky went fishing early while Andee and I stayed in bed. Around 10-ish, Andee and I decided we'd go to see Daddy then head to the beach for some sand (for Andee) and sun (for me). We had to stop off at Wal-Mart for a few items. That went nice and smooth, so I thought the day was gonna go great! Ha! When I was pulling out of Wal-Mart, the dear hubby called...he wanted something to eat. Great...we'll run by Sonic. I whip in to the drive and search for a little spot to part. Eeeeeerrrkkk....skreeeeeeeek.....crash! Oops! Since Andee was born, I usually drive the 'big boy' truck (as we call it)...a Ford F250 diesel 4x4...big honkin' truck. Anyway, I pulled a little wide (which isn't hard since its a long wheel base truck) and hit their little ordering thing. :0( Whoooops! I broke the little side light...by the way, it doesn't do anything anyway...there's not even a spot for a bulb in there. I dented the fender...pretty good, I must say, and scratched it. So...I immediately call Ricky...he realizes soon after he starts complaining that he can't say anything to me since the tailgate is messed up beyond repair and the back fender well has a huge dent. :0) So...we get our food finally and head to the pier to take Ricky his lunch and to go to the beach. We got to the pier, had a nice lunch, and when we were heading back to the beach....it started to thunder and lightning! Dang it! We didn't get to go to the beach, but we did enjoy some sight-seeing in the rain. It actually turned out to be a nice day and a somewhat laughable accident. I've added a few pictures...
**********
You should see the other guy! :0)


**********
Let me just end on this note...
I was headed outside to take a few snapshots of my truck to show you guys when Ricky says "Look at the passenger side of my truck. I bumped a pole on the way out today. See how bad I messed it up." Not to mention, we were chatting on the phone when he was heading home...and a guy 'bumped' him on the back bumper. No damage...but Lordy...at least my damage to the truck was just one incident.
Everyone...just be careful on the road...and be watching for us. It won't hurt our feelings if you pull to the side to let us by. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment