Let me start by saying, I'm sorry I've slacked on posting.
I'm trying to do some catching up for you all though! Hang with me! :0)
****************************************************************
Over Spring Break, I was able to spend 8 days with my lovely husband up where he is working right now. Eight days is the most we've spent together since November! It sure was a nice time. However, if you've grown accustomed to reading my dramatic stories, you probably expect this to be about the norm, right? Well...at 1:30am on Wednesday of my break, I awoke very uncomfortable. Dang that bed in the camper! Unfortunately, that wasn't the origin of my pain! If you are a faithful reader...you've guessed what it is, right? Ha ha, huh? Well, you've guessed all right. I took a pain pill...didn't help. I took another pain pill 1.5 hours later...made me sick. To the hospital we went. At the ER window...the lady asked "What's wrong?" Well..."I'm passing a kidney stone." The lady was super sweet, but I about screamed in anger when she said "possible kidney stone." Lemme tell ya lady...after about 12 of these babies...there ain't no possibility that you are passing it. You just KNOW...you KNOW! So...on with the admission to the ER...yadda yadda yadda. Two hours after my arrival, I was still in excruciating pain...with no pain medicine yet! My, oh my! Why did I even go to the ER, right? My sweet little honey...who has witnessed my horrible pain through all but one stone...had a little talk with the people giggling at the desk and I was taken care of immediately following their lovely conversation! With the results of the CT, we learned my stone was 4mm (below I've attached a picture of a 5mm stone...which is the size of my previous stone. For those anxious to know...5 mm is .20 inches. The tube from the kidney to the bladder is average 1.8mm in size. You do the math!). Four hours in the ER, pain medication, and an IV bag full of fluids later...we were on our way.
So...I said all that to say this: Spring Break really broke the bank this year. I've yet to receive a bill from the hospital yet...however, I've gotten their little survey thing in the mail. Fortunately for them, I'll be filling the survey out...after I've received the bill! Muah ha ha ha ha! Muah ha ha ha ha! :0)
I'm trying to do some catching up for you all though! Hang with me! :0)
****************************************************************
Over Spring Break, I was able to spend 8 days with my lovely husband up where he is working right now. Eight days is the most we've spent together since November! It sure was a nice time. However, if you've grown accustomed to reading my dramatic stories, you probably expect this to be about the norm, right? Well...at 1:30am on Wednesday of my break, I awoke very uncomfortable. Dang that bed in the camper! Unfortunately, that wasn't the origin of my pain! If you are a faithful reader...you've guessed what it is, right? Ha ha, huh? Well, you've guessed all right. I took a pain pill...didn't help. I took another pain pill 1.5 hours later...made me sick. To the hospital we went. At the ER window...the lady asked "What's wrong?" Well..."I'm passing a kidney stone." The lady was super sweet, but I about screamed in anger when she said "possible kidney stone." Lemme tell ya lady...after about 12 of these babies...there ain't no possibility that you are passing it. You just KNOW...you KNOW! So...on with the admission to the ER...yadda yadda yadda. Two hours after my arrival, I was still in excruciating pain...with no pain medicine yet! My, oh my! Why did I even go to the ER, right? My sweet little honey...who has witnessed my horrible pain through all but one stone...had a little talk with the people giggling at the desk and I was taken care of immediately following their lovely conversation! With the results of the CT, we learned my stone was 4mm (below I've attached a picture of a 5mm stone...which is the size of my previous stone. For those anxious to know...5 mm is .20 inches. The tube from the kidney to the bladder is average 1.8mm in size. You do the math!). Four hours in the ER, pain medication, and an IV bag full of fluids later...we were on our way.
So...I said all that to say this: Spring Break really broke the bank this year. I've yet to receive a bill from the hospital yet...however, I've gotten their little survey thing in the mail. Fortunately for them, I'll be filling the survey out...after I've received the bill! Muah ha ha ha ha! Muah ha ha ha ha! :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment