Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wow! Thats a whole heck of a lot! :0)

Since the wonderful birth of my earthly angel, I have become obsessed with pictures. Go ahead, say "yeah, me too" but I'm sure no one is to the level of obsession that I have risen to! It started out with my mom and sister giving me a copy of the pictures they took of Andee at the hospital...at my shower...the first weekend we were home...etc. I would just request them on CDs...you know, since CDs have gotten so common...they are pretty universal...fairly easy to store. Well...maybe not so easy to store. One of the sweetest ladies I know, Ms. Louise, bought us this set for our shower. Cute little picture frame, first curl box, first tooth box, first piggy bank...all in this pink striped cardboard box labeled "My Photos." Greatest storage for pictures. CD cases fit great! Woot woot...organization at its best. At least organization at its best capacity of 50 CDs. Unfortunately, when my picture CD collection grew to 100...I started having some issues...so I bought a 50 CD pocket folder to accompany the box of 50 CDs. Easy fix it! Minutes, hours, days, weeks, months later...I began to see a pattern. Hmmm...another CD pocket folder will surely be enough. Ha! Then, I got a new camera. I am now thinking about seeking some help with my obsession. I just took music CDs out of a 50 CD pocket folder to make room for my pictures. So what? I've got 3 pocket folders, each full at its 50 CD capacity. Welllllll....not such as easy fix since I still have a stack of CDs in the plastic tower (that you can buy CDs in) that is full. A 100 stack of CDs! Ahhhhh! I've got CDs running out my ears! So, I actually found an EASY storage solution...seriously. Been doing some research and I'm astounded! My uncle suggested I invest in an external drive to store pictures, but I knew it would have to be GINORMOUS, so he mentioned the 1 terabyte drive to me. After googlin', I figured a 1 terabyte drive will be more than sufficient, given that I stop snapping pictures at such a rapid rate! :0) Here's my figures... 1 terabyte is 1048576 megabytes. For those of you that are unsure...a general CD holds 700 megabytes. So, a 1 terabyte external drive will hold approximately 1498 CDs! I think that is awesome! My birthday is coming up and although Ricky bought me a new laptop, I haven't gotten myself anything! Guess what Kassy? You are getting a 1 terabyte external drive for your birthday! Yay!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anyway, so I know this whole post has done nothing but show my level of insanity...and perhaps love of photos...but for those of you that ever wonder what the best storage for pictures is...I would suggest an external hard drive! :0) Some are small enough to fit in a purse and I'm pretty sure all of them would easily fit in a laptop case!

2 comments:

  1. Loved it Kassy!!! You are so cool... What did you do with your old laptop? I like to buy hand-me-downs... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...sorry I'm just now responding. Ricky has my old laptop. Thats why we got a new one...I needed one at home for school and he wanted one to take with him. I love it...now we don't have to take turns using the computer! :0) Sorry! Maybe if he gets a new one, I'll call ya! ;0)

    ReplyDelete