Sunday, September 27, 2009

...the rest of the story... (RIP Paul Harvey)

So...an addendum to my last post. Before we headed home, my computer started acting funny on me. :0( I made a few calls to get a doctor's appointment for our laptop. I was clear...it HAD to be fixed before Monday morning. I could not come back down here without my connection to the world. We picked up my computer Sunday night to find out that the hard drive had died...but he'd replaced it with a hard drive from a used laptop...we were ready to go. The first time I booted up the computer...it acted kind of funny. Ricky asked what the deal was, but neither of us was sure...so we waited until we got home...and found out it was still messed up. I ran the computer back to the guy on Monday morning to learn that the used drive that was installed had gone out on me. Grrr! So...with many tears, I left my computer with my mother in law to get fixed. We stopped at Staples and bought a brand spankin' new hard drive for them to pick up and have installed. Done! My mother in law was gonna ship my computer to me, but I wanted it tested before sent. Guess what...still acted funky. Finally, out of desperation, called on my best friend's hubby...who has a bachelor's degree in computers. He was able to straighten out the wrinkles and I finally got my computer to me late last week. I have been on it everyday for a few hours, but I learned that I really didn't depend on my computer as much as I thought. We lived through it, but we're glad to have the ole' notebook back. :0)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since getting back down here, I have finally gotten back into my somewhat of a routine. We did go to story time one day, but Andee got a little cold a few days later and it really freaked me out...so no more public snot fests for right now. I'm nervous enough about the swine flu epidemic as it is. :'0( We've visited the park a few times...but not without Clorox wipes and antimicrobial hand wipes for Andee.

I've really missed being on here and reading everyone's blog. Its beginning to be a real addiction. I'm planning on getting back into the routine of posting every few days. I look forward to hearing feedback and getting to read some new posts from all of you! :0)

Have a great day and God bless! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment