Saturday, August 22, 2009

The park by the ocean...

Since we have been in Mississippi, I have been begging Ricky to go with me to take Andee to this awesome little park across the road from the beach in Biloxi. It just looked like a really fun place for Andee to play. And...boy, was it! However, when we got to the park and started reading the little postings here and there, the park became so much more than just this little park beside the ocean. The 'KaBOOM! Project' started an initiative to build 10 new playgrounds in 7 communities that were affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. I have included links to some information regarding the playground. The first link is a photo gallery for the actual playground we visited. The second link is a news article regarding the playgrounds and explaining the initiative.

http://kaboom.org/FunStuff/PhotoGalleries/PhotoGallery1/tabid/137/AlbumID/807-488/Default.aspx


http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/news/story.jhtml?id=153800016


**********
Andee and Daddy taking a ride in the firetruck. :0)

**********
My tootie fruitie...isn't she cute?
**********
Givin' her a swing...
**********
Note to self: DO NOT take Andee to park in Crocs. The Crocs stick to the slide and cause a near disaster. Fun disaster, but disaster nonetheless. :0)

**********
Cheesin' with my girl...

**********
Andee chessin' for our picture...

**********
Not sure why...but I LOVE this picture. Cute...

**********
Andee givin' her Daddy some kisses. I hope the bars aren't a sign for things to come. :0S












1 comment:

  1. Kassy, You are so funny!! "A sign of things to come!" Only you would think of that....

    ReplyDelete